It’s Almost My Birthday!
*Wolf whistle* Look at my pasty little legs enjoying the sunshine! It’s been a minute since they were free of their winter tights/pants prison. My birthday is coming up (yay!) and I put together this look for my birthday party shenanigans. I’m pretty sure nothing says “birthday” more than glitter booties and a pink flower on top of your head.
In the blog posts leading up to my birthday I’m going to share 30 things I’ve learned in my 30 (okay, fine 31) years around the sun. Here are the first 10:
- Invest in your education: even after college. Continue to learn any and every way you can (books, classes, podcasts, etc).
- Don’t settle: in relationships, jobs, or friendships.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Make sleep a priority.
- Call your mom. My mom is my bff (hi mama!) and we talk almost everyday.
- Answer emails promptly. And use spellcheck.
- Alone time is valuable. Get it, cherish it.
- Contribute to a 401k. Even if it’s just a little bit.
- Uncomfortable shoes aren’t worth it. Financially or physically.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Your sequence and timeline of life accomplishments is uniquely yours. And you do things in the order and pace that’s right for you.
Thanks for reading my loves. More trivial knowledge to come in my next post!